Monday 19 August 2013

Summer Fruit cobbler

Do you ever manage to miss the 2 hours where fruit is perfectly ripe and then wonder what you're going to do with it?  If you can't be bothered standing over the stove for 40 minutes stirring jam, then I'd suggest a cobbler!

I threw this together for a week night pud.  It was stupid good!

I sliced up 3 apricots, 3 nectarines and 1/2 a punnet of raspberries.  The good thing about this is if the fruit is starting to turn, you just chop out the bad bits.

Put them all in a pan with a tablespoon of sugar - I used golden castor sugar, but any sugar will do.




Add a good splash of lemon juice and some cinnamon


And then just stir them all around on the stove until they go a bit gooey and look like this


Transfer them into a small dish and add the crumble

For my crumble I used all purpose flour, another table spoon of brown sugar and about the same of butter.  rub it all together until it resembles breadcrumbs, then add just a little bit of water.  Dab the crumble mixture over the top of the fruit and put in the oven until the topping browns.


I'd leave it a few minutes to cool down after removing from the oven as it will be too hot to handle.

Then serve with some good vanilla ice cream!



So simple, so tasty!  And you could do it with any combination of fruit!

No comments: