Wednesday 1 January 2014

Christmas 2013

Well Christmas was great this year.  I reckon one of the best we've ever had.

I had a week off before Christmas and the whole 2 weeks of the festive period - bliss!  Much needed after working all year.

Sandy and I had our traditional cheese and biscuits on Christmas Eve.  We bought some lovely sharp cheddar in Mull in October from the Isle of Mull Cheese place.  It was worth waiting for.  


We opened our Christmas Eve gifts to each other.  I got a beautiful new tartan butterfly piny and oven mitt. Modelled here.

I decided to give Sandy the Star Trek quilt I made for him on Christmas Eve.  It went down very well

Christmas Day was amazing.  I love presents - not just getting them but giving them.  The pup was so excited.  She got lots of new toys and loved bounding around in all the wrapping paper.


I got a trip to Rome!!!  Amazing.  We are going in April for 5 days - I can't blooming wait.


The cracker jokes don't get any better.


The Christmas Jumpers had to come out for our Christmas Day walk along Mugdock reservoir.



The turkey dinner was a challenge in our tiny kitchen but we did the works.  Parsnips, carrots, sprouts, sausages, gravy, roast potatoes, mash potatoes, home made gravy and cranberry sauce!  Phew.  I was ready for a sit in front of the box then.


I felt a bit like this.  


Poor Pips, she was knackered after her excitement, her turkey and her walks


And I made a trifle.  First ever attempt at trifle and it turned out delicious.  Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cream, mascarpone cheese, custard!  And of course the alcohol - I went for blackcurrant liquer.  Yum yum yum

All in all a very good day had.


No comments: